Return to the Spiritfest home page
Makhanda Kwantu Choir conducted by Kutlwano Kepadisa, in concert in the Cathedral of St Michael & St George, Makhanda, during Spiritfest. 25 June 2022.
- Lecture: Faith and the Existence of God. In this lecture presented on Spiritfest in 2021, philosopher Francis Williamson asks the provocative question: “Does God exist?” – and sets out to prove it!
- St Michael’s Marimbas, directed by Asakhe Cuntsulana, playing a selection of favourite tunes. Spiritfest 2021.
- Zoom interview with Mignonne Breier. Mignonne Breier talks with Fr Anthony Egan SJ about her book ‘Bloody Sunday: the Nun, the Defiance Campaign and South Africa’s Secret Massacre’, in a Zoom interview recorded live on Spiritfest. 12 July 2021.
- Glimpse of God, Poetry Reading. A selection of hymns and poems, from Tatamkhulu Afrika’s ‘Glimpse of God’, a Mystical prayer, to Chris Mann’s ‘Black Socks’, a dramatic monologue with death. Read by Malcolm Hacksley.
- The Choir of St Michael & St George Cathedral, Director Cameron Luke, sang Haydn’s ‘Little Organ Mass’ at the first Sung Eucharist of the National Arts Festival on 30 June 2019. They were accompanied on the organ by former Cathedral Director of Music Christopher Cockburn. Listen to the Gloria.
- St Michael’s Marimbas, directed by Asakhe Cuntsulana, playing in Grahamstown (Makhanda) Cathedral during the National Arts Festival 2019, as part of Spiritfest.
- The Makhanda Kwantu Choir directed by Kutlwano Kepadisa sang ‘The Word was God’ by Rosephayne Powell. This is a short extract.
- The Cathedral Choir, conducted by Kutlwano Kepadisa, singing Ukholo Lwami at the Festival Choral Evensong, 29 June 2018.
- St Michael’s Marimbas in concert under Asakhe Cuntsulana, Spiritfest 2018.
- ‘Little Girl’ by Sibongile Khumalo arranged by JB Arthur. Neo Motsatse (violin) with the Kwantu Choir conducted by Kutlwano Kepadisa. Cathedral of St Michael & St George, Grahamstown (Makhanda), 1 July 2018.
- Members of various local churches and schools paraded down Grahamstown High Street on Sunday morning 8 July in an act of ecumenical witness.
- Selections from the Eucharist service in the Cathedral of St Michael & St George, Grahamstown (Makhanda), 8 July 2018, with guest choir from Jesus College Cambridge.
- A Little Jazz Mass (Bob Chilcott). Extract from the Gloria, sung during the National Arts Festival, in the Cathedral of St Michael & St George, Grahamstown (Makhanda), 2 July 2017. An invited group of jazz players and singers, conducted by Kutlwano Kepadisa.
- A clip from a concert by the Methodist Circuit Choir, Commemoration Methodist Church, Grahamstown (Makhanda), Spiritfest 2017.
- The St Michael’s Marimbas under Asakhe Cuntsulana, performing in the Cathedral of St Michael & St George, Grahamstown (Makhanda) during Spiritfest 2017.