Provincial Synod 2019
The Provincial Synod of the Anglican Church of Southern Africa met in September 2019. To read about some of the important issues discussed and decisions made, click on the links below.
- Provincial Synod resumes debate on human sexuality
- Church declares ‘climate emergency’ and calls for ban on plastics
- Synod establishes ‘Safe and Inclusive Church Commission’ to combat abuse
- Synod calls for special ‘Day Against Xenophobia’
- Provincial Synod speaks on violence against women and children
- Provincial Synod votes on Israel sanctions, anti-Semitism, Islamophobia